Stewart, that is. I thought I’d start a new blog full of recipes, crafts, and just stuff I’m interested in or have found useful. I’m not the craftiest person. I’m not the best cook. But I do have lots to say and now you all can partake. But let’s face it, I’m no Martha.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Crafts for Baby Alana

What have I been up to? Well, everything to put it shortly. However, it hasn’t stopped me from crafting, it’s just stopped me from blogging about it. So here is a quick catch up to what I’ve been up to.

I’ve been so consumed with home, family, etc… and on top of it all I’ve made things for other’s. I realized that I have been neglecting the baby that is inside me and decided to get working!! I started making this little girl headband after headband. I am also working on a blanket and will be doing a hat and booties also. Crafting is my ME time and it’s such a great release to do things creative. Here’s a little taste…

{Alana’s baby blanket. It’s the exact same one I made here. I used a purplish/pink color. I’m about 1/2 way through. It still needs a border and the ribbon, but I think she’s going to like it.}

IMG_0110

{These flower headbands were fun to make. I did the satin flowers and then attached elastic bands to the back. Simple and Dainty. The white one is for Alana’s blessing day.}

IMG_0113

{These I made from premade fabric flowers that you can get at any craft store and then attached the elastic to the backs again.}

IMG_0120IMG_0118

{And these bands I crocheted. The cream one is from super soft yarn. The white and dark pink ones are from crochet thread and turned out so perfectly. I can’t wait to dress this baby’s head!}

IMG_0121

IMG_0112

{ I just clipped on flowers I had made for Kalea and Mia. It’ll be fun to reuse these over and over in different combinations.}

IMG_0123IMG_0124IMG_0122

And onto what I WILL be doing. I’m going to try and make a tutu for the baby. I bought two different kinds of tulle and some ribbon. I found a tutorial on YOUTUBE on how to make one that requires NO SEWING. Which appeals to me, since I don’t own a sewing machine. We’ll see how it turns out. I’ll be sure to post pictures when it’s finished.

IMG_0125

 

No comments:

Post a Comment