I haven’t made these yet… but I fully intend to SOON! What a Family Home Evening snack or something to bring to a party. So many different ways to dress these up too!
Recipe Yield 4 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Cream butter, peanut butter and white and brown sugars. Mix in egg and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Stir the flour mixture into creamed mixture. Shape the dough into 48 balls, 1 inch each. Place each ball in one compartment of a mini muffin tin.
- For filling, put chocolate chips in a double boiler over simmering water. Stir in milk and vanilla, mix well.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and immediately make wells in the center of each using a melon baller. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Then carefully remove to wire racks. Using a measuring cup fill each shell with the chocolate mixture. Top with a pecan half.
Other topping ides:
any of your favorite candies!